Bag End Holiday Cottage, Fife
Completed in 2008, Bag End Cottage forms part of a large individually-designed home, self-built by the present owner. Clad in Siberian larch planking, fitted with a hand-crafted curving
cherry wooden staircase and laid with heated Italian porcelain floors, Bag End Cottage offers unique self catering holiday cottage accommodation for a family or small group. The modern
interior is dressed with a selection of original mid-20th century pieces from the owner’s private collection, giving a vintage twist to this contemporary home.
This three-bedroom holiday cottage is located in the heart of the Kingdom of Fife, surrounded by rolling countryside. It is near Cupar, just nine miles from St Andrews, and just a short drive
from Dundee, Edinburgh, Perth and the East Neuk of Fife, including Anstruther, Cellardyke, Crail, Elie, Pittenweem and St Monans.
Bag End Cottage comfortably sleeps up to six guests (plus cot) and has been awarded a 4 Star grading by Visit Scotland.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation ( sleeps 6 + cot )
- Sound-proofed double-glazing throughout.
- Full central heating with underfloor heating on the ground floor, radiators on the upper floor, and independent heating controls in each room.
- Fitted carpets in bedrooms, stairs and upper hallway.
- Dimmable lighting in lounge, dining room and all bedrooms.
- Free Wi-Fi available for use with your own laptop and Freeview televisions in all bedrooms.
- Sitting Room
Comfortable sitting / television room with DVD and CD players, iPhone / iPod dock, free Wi-Fi, and French doors leading into the gardens. A variety of DVDs, CDs, toys and games are provided.
Fully-equipped, well-stocked, oak kitchen with ceramic hob, Neff oven, Bosch dishwasher, fridge, three-drawer freezer, microwave, Kenwood food processor, etc. A glazed door leads to the
rear garden and outdoor dining area.
- Dining Room
Lovely separate breakfast / dining room with seating for six guests. A large library of tourist and local information is provided in this room, making it a great place for planning your week’s
- Downstairs Toilet
Separate toilet and large wash basin with shaver point and heated Demista mirror.
- Storage / Airing Cupboard
Large heated storage / airing cupboard with space for coats, boots and excess baggage.
- Master Bedroom
Very unusual curved master bedroom with vaulted ceiling, sprung king-size bed, separate access to the family bathroom, Freeview television, DVD player and radio. A cot can be added on request.
- Double Bedroom
Very pretty bedroom with sprung double bed, superb country views and Freeview television.
- Family / Twin Bedroom
Large family / twin bedroom with sprung double bed, sprung single bed, Freeview television, and fantastic country views to the front and back. A cot can be added on request.
- Family Bathroom
Well appointed family bathroom with Italian WC & Sink. Power shower and separate roll top bath. Heated Demista mirror and shaver point.
- Linen Storage and Laundry
Well-stocked linen cupboard with extra hanging space and fitted washer / dryer. Outside drying facilities are provided in the garden along with a clothes airer for indoor use.
- Landscaped gardens to front and rear.
- Patio area with outdoor barbecue and eight-seater Alexander Rose picnic table.
- Separate orchard planted in 2006.
- Giant outdoor chess board.
- Ample private off-road parking next to the house.
- Open views of the Fife countryside to front and rear.
- A variety of wildlife can be seen throughout the year.